As an advanced type of digital radiography, GALILEOS cone beam technology provides the dentist with a three-dimensional, digital image of structures beneath the surface of the teeth and gums. This unprecedented view includes teeth roots, internal canals, and bone structure. CBCT (Cone-Beam Computed Tomography) scans are similar in detail to traditional medical CTs, but taken in a fraction of the time. Unlike traditional CT scans, which subject you to high levels of radiation, the GALILEOS scan takes only seconds, drastically reducing your exposure to radiation.
With the cone beam's precision scans, we no longer rely on two-dimensional X-rays for diagnosis and treatment planning. The dentist is better equipped to:
- Uncover the cause of a patient's previously undiagnosed pain
- Plan root canal treatment
- Place dental implants more precisely, making the surgery less exploratory and invasive: reduced trauma to surrounding tissue means that you can recover more quickly after the procedure
- Fit patients with braces that most closely meet their orthodontic needs
- Pinpoint disorders of your TMJs (temporomandibular joints) that cause headaches, teeth clenching or grinding (bruxism), or other serious issues that can negatively impact your oral health
Since you'll have access to the cone beam technology in our office, you won't need a referral to a radiology lab. Your scans, diagnosis, and treatment will be conveniently centralized on site. When we see the detailed 3D renderings of your teeth and jaw, treatment can be more targeted and, thus, more effective.
Now accepting new patients! Our convenient office locations in Bryan, Napoleon, and Defiance allow us to serve the entire Northwest Ohio area with trusted, affordable dental treatment. Experience high tech care in warm atmosphere; call our family dentistry practice to schedule your appointment today.